New site, New podcast, New blog!
There's a lot of new and exciting things on the horizon for me..
Where to begin!?!
Crips and Crepes is now on iTunes. It's a podcast about perspective and crepes. It is the perspective of my friend Kevan Chandler and myself. We both come from different walks of life and well, we are both in wheelchairs so there's that. I can't say enough good things about Kevan. He is such a gifted writer. He is kind hearted, funny, quick and has an amazing imagination. He is one of the kindest souls I have ever met and I learn more about the person I want to be when I listen to his words within our podcast. Here is the link -> HTTPS://ITUNES.APPLE.COM/US/PODCAST/CRIPS-CREPES-KEVAN-P.-CHANDLER/ID992541051?MT=2
2015 has been a year of breakthroughs for me comedic lee speaking.
I have so far been accepted and performed in three comedy festivals:
- NC Comedy Arts Festival
- Make Me Laugh: Denver
- Cape Fear Comedy Festival
I have also been rejected by three:
- Inside Joke Comedy Festival
- Midwest Fest Comedy Festival
- San Diego Comedy Festival
And I'm waiting to hear back from two.........
I have been accepted into the NCYLF
It is a leadership camp hosted by NC State University for disabled individuals under the age of 30. I am thoroughly excited for this opportunity to grow and learn. I plan on learning as much as I can. I am also campaigning two projects this summer to help people who are in wheelchairs:
- Get wheelchair zones for exhibits at the NC Zoo so users can see animals even when it's crowded.
- Interlink the state/city funded disabled transportation organizations so wheelchair users can travel from city to city by train and still get around and not be charged outrageous taxi fees.
There's more but I'll be sure to blog it as it approaches.
A few things coming up:
- Moving to a new house
- NC Funniest Person Competition
- Announcement of the 2015 LYAO lineup.
- Hoboken Comedy Festival
- Back to School